DCT Data Center Design
The DCT Data Centre Design (DCTDCD) content has evolved over the years based on knowledge and competency to reflect current industry recognized Building Industry Consulting Service International (BICSI)standards and exams. The course is geared for IT professionals who are involved in Design,Implementation and Upgrade of computer rooms and Data Centers.
|Course Code||Description||Exam Code||Duration|
|DCT-02||DCT-Data-Center-Design-DCT02.pdf||BICSI DCDC-001||5 Days|
Course BenefitsAfter completion of the course the participant will be able to:
- Choose an optimum site for mission-critical data centre based on current and future needs
- Describe all components that are important for high availability in a data centre and how to effectively setup the data centre
- Name and apply the various industry standards
- Describe the various technologies for UPS, fire suppression, cooling, monitoring systems, cabling standards, etc, and to select and apply them effectively to cost-efficiently enhance the high-availability of the data centre.
- Review the electrical distribution system to avoid costly downtime
- Enhance cooling capabilities and efficiency in the data centre by using existing and new techniques and technologies for the increased cooling requirements of the future
- Design a highly reliable and scalable network architecture and learn how to ensure installers apply proper testing techniques
- Describe (high-level) data centre operational considerations supporting mission-critical environments
- Setup effective data centre monitoring ensuring the right people get the right message
- Ensure proper security measures, both procedural and technical, are established to safeguard your company's valuable information in the data centre